Reciprocal Health Agreement

An Australian citizen or permanent resident who has been in New Zealand for two years or more or who can prove that he or she intends to stay in New Zealand for two years or more is entitled to all publicly funded services and may register with a PHO and receive the same health grants as a full person. (2) Note that the United Kingdom considers « temporary stay » to be a stay of up to six months. New Zealanders travelling to the UK for more than six months will continue to have access to the National Health Service, but will be required to pay a health supplement for immigration issues from 6 April 2016 as part of their visa application. For more information, please visit the website. You must ensure that you have adequate travel and health insurance to cover your stay in these places. There are a number of services that are not publicly funded, and these are different from country to country. Since none of the reciprocal agreements offer full coverage, travellers should purchase comprehensive travel insurance, including health insurance. Note: Reciprocal health agreements with the following countries were terminated in 2016: If you plan to live or work in any of the countries of the mutual agreement, the information contained in the links below may not apply. Ask the hospital or doctor if a refund is possible.

If not, ask the local public health. Copies of the mutual health agreements, as established in New Zealand legislation, are linked below: To protect your health, use iSelect to compare the private health insurance offered in our offer and select the one that is right for you. People in some countries are covered by a mutual health agreement (REziprok) between their country and Australia. These agreements may entitle you to limited subsidized health services for the necessary medical care during a visit to Australia. The CEC is not applicable outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland. Be sure to mention the mutual health agreement with the UK and have all the necessary evidence documents when you have access to health care. Many hospitals in Montenegro do not accept the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to prove that you are entitled to free emergency care. The United Kingdom has mutual health agreements with several non-EEA countries and territories. The agreements do not cover the cost of repatriation to the UK (repatriation) or routine monitoring of existing conditions. When a person receives services as part of the mutual agreement, they cannot register with a primary health organization (PHA). You should receive the same health grants as a New Zealand citizen who visits a family doctor as a casual patient when the doctor has decided that the condition requires immediate attention.